From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:46:42 +0100 (CET)

I made only very few changes (like spelling and word-endings etc.)
otherwise it's a totally amazing letter...
-Yurii

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mrs Bachmann and Dr. Bachmann,

I am writing this email to express once more the great motion I had
meeting you at
the concert in Vienna! This unexpected surprise made me really so happy
and was my
best reward for my work.

Meanwhile I was planning to send you an email after the Vienna concert and to
explain you about the invitation to present as a composer and pianist both
cycles I
wrote on Ingeborg Bachmann's poetry in Rome and in Sofia. I enjoyed
presenting the
compositions by myself - both as a composer and a pianist. As you know
from my CV - I
am also a piano-professor in the Musical Academy in Sofia. As a composer I
worked
with the ambition to present I. Bachmann herself - not only as an
exceptional poetess, but
as a deep and artistic personality, to penetrate in this so special and often
unveiled atmosphere she inspires /suggests/ ....... This motivation was
mostly
difficult, but made me creatively engaged and motivated for a long time. I
was really
happy working on it.

The first cycle that I wrote I titled Liebe... Tod... Zeit.... Its
duration is about 35
minutes. It was presented in Vienna and Sofia in 2000 and 2001. The second -
Curriculum Vitae - you heard, is also about 35 minutes. So - the
presentation of both
cycles in a concert together was for the first time in Rome /20.10.2003/
and Sofia /29.11
2003/ by me as a pianist and Elisabeth Linhart - soprano. My collaboration
with her
is very useful and successful.

At the concert in Sofia I did a live recording for myself. I will copy the
disk and
send it to you, but before this - I would like to "clean" some noise in a
studio with good
appliances for this. I'd like to send you this disc to have it as a memory
and maybe
also use it as a demo for future contacts and concerts. For this purpose
I'd need and
expect your address.

I look foreward and do hope for more contacts and possibilities to present
I. Bachmann's poetry in music.

Best regards and wishes -

prof. Julia Tsenova